Chicken Pesto Pasta
Autumn is here! The perfect time to cozy up with this delicious Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe.
- 2 x Chicken Breast
- 500g truss baby tomatoes
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkt spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup ready-made basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Fresh basil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Optional: handful of toasted pine nuts
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and place into a large serving bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta water. Keep warm by covering.
- While the pasta cooks, pour a tablespoon of the olive oil into a wide pan and heat over a medium heat. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika, sea salt and pepper and cook both sides of the chicken in the pan for 7 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Wipe the pan clean with a few paper towels and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the tomatoes and season with sea salt and pepper. Swirl around the pan and cook for a few minutes or until the skin starts to wrinkle and they release some of their juices. Remove from pan and wipe pan with paper towel.
- Now add the slices of the chorizo and fry each side until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Pour the pesto and pasta water evenly onto the pasta and mix until evenly coated and then add the chicken, tomatoes and chorizo over the pasta and toss everything together.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, finely grated parmesan cheese and pine nuts.