Bake to your taste with Uncle Tobys Oats!
Bake to your taste this Anzac Day!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Combined prep & cook time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 1 biscuit per serve
- 1 cup Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats
- 1 1/4 cups of plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: For crunchy biscuits bake for 12 minutes but if you prefer a chewier biscuit bake for 9-10 minutes.