Complaints and Appeals Procedure.
The Fourth Force Pty Ltd complaints / grievance procedure:
- ensures the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness are adopted at every stage of the complaint and appeal process;
- is publicly available;
- sets out the procedure for making a complaint or requesting an appeal;
- ensures complaints and requests for an appeal are acknowledged in writing and finalised as soon as practicable; and
- provides for review by an appropriate party independent of the RTO and the complainant or appellant, at the request of the individual making the complaint or appeal, if the processes fail to resolve the complaint or appeal.
Where The Fourth Force Pty Ltd considers more than 60 calendar days are required to process and finalise the complaint or appeal, The Fourth Force shall:
- inform the complainant or appellant in writing, including reasons why more than 60 calendar days are required; and
- regularly update the complainant or appellant on the progress of the matter.
The Fourth Force Pty Ltd shall:
- securely maintain records of all complaints and appeals and their outcomes; and
- identify potential causes of complaints and appeals and take appropriate corrective action to eliminate or mitigate the likelihood of reoccurrence.
Both South Australia and Queensland have training advocates that provides a free, confidential, and independent service to review and resolve enquiries and complaints from apprentices, trainees, students, employers and other stakeholders about the VET system.
These services are for:
- domestic students enrolled with a South Australian Training Provider or Higher Education Provider
- apprentices or trainees
- international students
- employers and/or organisations
- training providers
- other government agencies
- community organisations and/or industry bodies
- anyone interested in training in South Australia
Phone: 1800 006 488
Fax: 8226 4278
Level 5, 131-139 Grenfell Street, Adelaide S.A. 5000 (RAA Building)
Post: GPO Box 320
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
(Use the website to find a local ombudsman’s office).